- As Wobs and Dave discussed in the long commentary below, I had some very high highs tonight. In particular, seeing the Korean guy from Lost was hype! Not to mention Mika Brezinski (swoon) and "Morning Joe" (triple swoon). Jeepers!
- Seriously, though, I had a few "we can't lose" moments, but afterwards at the hotel bar (brownies and milk, thank you very much) I found myself a little bit freaked out. I am worried that about Obama's appearance after Biden's speech. Why do it, Barry? Sure, I was happy, but only after quickly repressing the thought that, shucks, it was a little like he was worried about the Clintons and/or Biden stealing "his" show. Even his attempt at explaining why his acceptance speech needs to be at a 75,000 person football arena - sure, it's because he believes in the people, okay - seemed a little control freak-y, like he wanted to preempt the GOP's criticism of him as being a self-absorbed demagogue by acknowledging that's what they were going to do, and trying to answer it in advance but instead dignifying the criticism.
- Yes, I am horrified about tomorrow night.
- Yes, the roll call drama was beautiful and chill-up-spine inducing.
- Yes, I am surrounded by Hillary supporters - political professionals mostly, not zealots - who are no doubt "on board," but nonetheless doing some naysaying.
- Dear St. Axelrod, keep playing this perfecly. Yr doing such a good job that my catholic arse can only assume there's a reckoning coming.
- 'Saw HRC talk at an SEIU-sponsored healthcare event avec Rendell, Strickland, Patrick, Daschle, Stern. HRC is very impressive talking about l'healthcare.