Our Constitution authorizes the federal government to perform a very specific - and very limited - set of functions; provide for the common defense of the states, secure our borders, coin (real) money, regulate inter-state and international commerce, protect our inalienable rights - and very little else!Sounds like a commie to me, Gordo. Thank God your delightful blend of voting with Bush 90% of the time, but coming out against the war five years in when, it is widely upopoular, but then still voting for funding and against withdrawal is just right.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
- Taking up a whole bench on the Metro with your iPod on, eyes closed, pretending to be asleep during rush hour is a dick move, guy.
- How much righteous hatred is too much for parents driving their kids door-to-door trick-or-treating?
- I saw three different African-American kids, somewhere in the 7-10 range, dressed up as Obama tonight. Just thinking about them makes me smile.
His blog is, in a word, awesome. One post in particular stands out. We were going to post it here, but then we read the comments where we came upon a sad bit of news. Apparently, the retired geek will only allow his his posts to be reposted in the interest of fighting reds. Or as he put it:
As long as you are fighting communisim or socialism you have my permission to post anything I post.We were set to pay this no never mind, but he followed up with this:
They are to be used for reference only to be used to defeat communisim.In a word, fuck. But it really, really is too good not to repost and we do so in the spirit of an anti-communist, socialist-type way. Fuck Stalin! Go Debs!
Here are the 45 Communist Goals from 1963 in full. Enjoy.
Posted by Geek Perspective on Monday, August 18, 2008 9:50:15 PM
Communist Takeover of America - 45 Declared Goals
You are about to read a list of 45 goals that found their way down the halls of our great Capitol back in 1963. As you read this, 39 years later, you should be shocked by the events that have played themselves out. I first ran across this list 3 years ago but was unable to attain a copy and it has bothered me ever since. Recently, Jeff Rense posted it on his site and I would like to thank him for doing so. http://www.rense.com
Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963 . Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America. At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen: [From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this far has not be digitized and posted on the Internet.
It will probably be available at your nearest library that is a federal repository. Call them and ask them. Your college library is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records. Another source are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy to help you in this matter. You will find the Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto interesting at this point. Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the library. Sources are listed below. Microfilm: California State University at San Jose Clark Library, Government Floor Phone (408)924-2770 Microfilm Call Number: J 11.R5 Congressional Record, Vol. 109 88th Congress, 1st Session Appendix Pages A1-A2842 Jan. 9-May 7, 1963 Reel 12 1963- The Year That Changed America By Greg Swank
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
This is not an easy time to be conservative. In 6 days we might wake up to read that Barack Obama and liberal Democrats have seized total control of Washington.
Take it from me. For 20 years, I played Dr. Frasier Crane on TV, and it is not easy being openly Republican in a Democrat town like Hollywood. But even when the odds are against us, we must never stop fighting for this country.
Barack Obama and his liberal allies claim to support the working man. They want us to think they are all Joe and Jane Six Packs. But we all know -- that when they think no one is listening -- the liberal elite arrogantly snicker about the unwashed masses in fly-over country and suburbia.
They ridicule Sarah Palin...they laugh at Joe the Plumber...and they condescendingly refer to middle-class Americans as "bitter."
America doesn't want Barack Obama and a rubberstamp liberal Senate to "spread the wealth around."
Regular people get it. The liberal agenda of bone-crushing tax hikes and out-of-control spending in the middle of an economic crisis is a disaster waiting to happen.
The 2008 election is one of the most important we'll ever live through.
With just 6 days until Election Day, time is running out to protect the firewall. So, we must move fast. Please contribute at least $30 today.
For all of us, there comes a time when the choices are so stark, the risks so great, that we have to take a stand.
P.S. If you have contributed before, please do so again. A donation of $30 from you will make the difference between winning and losing in 1 or 2 key Senate races.
- Matthew Rothschild enjoys a low-key "told you so" moment - didn't we all? - over Randian Alan Greenspan's recent admission that, shucks, his belief in a financial system unfettered by regulation might've had a few flaws.
“I have found a flaw,” Greenspan testified.
That’s kind of like the astronomer Ptolemy saying, “Something’s wrong here, maybe the sun doesn’t revolve around the Earth.”
Or like the biologist Lamarck saying, “Maybe the giraffe doesn’t get a longer neck by stretching for high leaves.”
Or like the Pope saying, “Maybe the earth wasn’t created in seven days.”
Except that the consequences of Greenspan’s blunder are much more severe than the fallacies of the past.
He and his faulty free market philosophy have precipitated a global recession.
Millions are losing their homes. Millions more will lose their jobs. And tens of millions have already lost their retirement funds.
All casualties of Greenspan’s belief in a fable.
- Harold Meyerson on Working America's inroads with working-class whites in Ohio, and labor's mixed record in the 20th century to protect its better angels (i.e., the social-democratic ones) at the expense of the lingering racial insecurities and, shucks, hatred:
In a sense, overcoming the nation's racial rifts has always been the distinctive challenge facing American labor. Unlike its European counterparts, its own working class has always been multiracial -- a fact that explains a great deal about the failure of the United States to ever have a powerful socialist movement or a more solidaristic consciousness.
At their best, unions have been an indispensable force in combating American racism -- but even the best unions have not always been able to enlist their white members in that cause. Under the leadership of Walter Reuther, the United Auto Workers (UAW) funded and provided most of the resources (e.g., buses) for the 1963 March on Washington. For decades, it had championed the rights of black autoworkers, and African Americans generally, in Detroit and other industrial cities. Such policies did not win universal approval within the union, however, which was chiefly made up of Appalachian whites and Southern blacks, who both had traveled north for the work. During World War II, the union worked constantly to keep its members in the newly integrated defense factories from attacking each other. From the 1930s through the 1960s, the UAW did persuade its white members in and around Detroit to vote for progressive Democratic candidates for federal and state office. It failed continually, however, to persuade them to vote for liberals at the level of Detroit city government. From their city council, their white members wanted housing laws that would keep their black union brothers out of their neighborhoods, and a police force that would keep them more generally in their place.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Anywho... I thought I'd replicate his latest post in whole, as I love every last bit of it. Note, please,
asking students to skip class (ask your professors first!) in order to volunteer for him on election day. Just yet another example of a man whose ego seems to know no bounds.Love him.
Heck why not skip class!? Consider it an investment in your future. Under the Obama-Biden plan anyone can get a fully refundable $4000 tax credit, i.e. the first $4000 of your tuition every year can be wealth confiscated from someone else and handed to you in the form of a check. Can someone please explain to me, if a college education is supposed to be such a wonderful investment, why liberals think it needs to be so heavily subsidized by the government.
At the state colleges in New York, tuition is $4350 a year, with room and board expect $13,000/year. Even if a student borrows every penny of this money he leaves with a debt of $52,000. For a 10-year loan this works out to around $600/month in payments. Annoying, sure? Affordable for someone with a college degree? Absolutely! Even with a starting salary of only $30K this leaves $23K to live on in the first year, way more than our Ph.D. students are living on and way more than I lived on for 5 years of graduate school. And this assumes the student doesn't work during the year or in the summers, which can easily cut that debt figure in half.
Posted by: Marion ValentineOct 28, 10:45 AM
After spending nine years in Navy Intelligence as a Cryptologist, intercepting communications from Marxist/Socialist countries, breaking their codes, and gathering intelligence in "other" ways. I am familiar with their methods of using the media for propangada, using the educational system to indocronate young minds, using the judicial system, and voter fraud to steal elections.
This is what is happening now in america.
From everything I have researched in the last two years, has lead me to conclude that Obama was selected, tutored, groomed, scripted, and financed by Radical Marxist/Socialists to become the puppet leader of the USSA.
There is a vast difference between Social Democrats and Radical Marxist/Socialists. Hillary Clinton is a Social Democrat. Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, Schumer, Durbin, Franks,Boxer, and a few others now in Congress are Radical Marxist/Socialists.
On my website: [valsword.spaces.live.com] I have a 16 minute video of an interview with Yure Bezmenov a KGB agent who defected in 1970. This interview was recorded 24 years ago,
and the transcript highlights, in Yuri's own words confirm what I mentioned in the first paragraph.
I pray that I am wrong, but from everything I have researched, I believe Obama, with a Reid Pelosi led Congress, with a radical judicial system will pull a Hugo Chavez.
Monday, October 27, 2008
- PUMAs -- Pollsters have not taken them into account
- Lack of Obama buttons in evidence on West Side of NYC
- Lack of Obama lawn signs in upstate NY
- 30% of the electorate is undecided, but the MSM will never tell you that
- McCain's strategy is to wait until Friday and place campaign workers across the country in venues where young voters are like to be--pep rallies, frat houses, campuses, football games, and pubs, etc.
- 18% of Hillary voters won't vote for Obama
- Blacks won't admit to pollsters that they are planning to vote for McCain
- Comments about the article on American Thinker running 5 to 1 against Obama
- Obama has 90% of the black vote sown up. He has the pointy-headed, Marxist, Michael Moore, academic vote (hey that's us!) sown up, but this accounts for only 4% of the population. The rest of the Democrats are up for grabs and are feeling very uneasy about Obama
- Divine intervention
- People are scared to tell pollsters how they are really going to vote because they fear "Obamanistas" getting their face.
- Pollsters hang up is you start to say you are going to vote for McCain
- Obama has never been ahead in the AOL online poll
- Elderly voters in Florida know that McCain loves America and will fight for the American people
- Republicans are telling Republican GOTV walkers that they support McCain
- In South Jersey there is less enthusiasm for Obama than there was for Kerry
- Lack of Obama yard signs in the suburbs of Chicago
- A remember poll from long-ago suggests that 20% of Democrats won't vote for Obama...Rush is citing it!
- "Grassroots" bloggers tell a different story from the MSM!
- Lack of Obama signs in LA
- Obama will lose OH, thanks to Joe the Plumber. The MSM wants you to think he has a chance in VA, but he does not. He will lose, PA. May not hang on to MD.
- Lack of Obama signs in South Florida
- People won't admit to supporting McCain because they are afraid of being labeled a racist
- People will have a last minute change of mind and vote McCain
- There is something deep down inside of everyone that wants to do right and good and at the last minute Obama supporters and even donors (!) will realize they just can't vote for him and vote McCain
- Lack of Obama signs in Seattle
- Lack of Obama signs in Silicon Valley
- The kids can't possibly be "inspired" by the nothing that is Obama
- Lack of Obama signs in DC
- Obama fad set to end on November 3
- Obama too leftist
- Lack of Obama signs in Texas
That said, the OG family is a younger crowd and I recognize that. For many of you Tap was a foundational experience and the movie is an all-time classic. All hail Spinal Tap!
This poll also reveled that while we love Prince's music, we'd rather not have to watch him act. Or "act," if you will. Purple Rain the movie did give us one important thing, however, Morris Day and the Time. Some say that Day's unceasing support of Walter Mondale was the only thing that kept Reagan from capturing all 50 states. For that we owe Purple Rain a heartfelt thanks.
Alright, what you all came for:
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Hillary made her 65th campaign appearance for Sen. Barack Obama in Aurora, Colorado today. Also on hand: Gov. Bill Ritter, Sen. Ken Salazar and Reps. Diana DeGette and Ed Perlmutter.
She has been more active these past weeks than I have.
I apologize for the light posting recently. I have had midterms and election panels on top of in law visits and remodeling......