Monday, October 13, 2008

Wow

Krugman won the Nobel in economics. I thought these things only went to Joes that spouted off about the wonderousness of the market.

Reminds me that with this economic crisis, I've been beginning to feel like a whole of of shit is possible now. There was a big editorial in the RG yesterday about how leaders around the world are declaring the end of laissez-faire capitalism and the free market. I'm not quite there yet. The Dow rallies for a week and makes it back to 10K and a whole lot of people will be assuring us that this was temporary and we should all trust in the power of those markets.

And I also understand that it in no way serves Barack's interests to start talking about the end of capitalism, but couldn't we get one of those dog whistles I hear so much about?

No comments: