Monday, October 13, 2008

Awesomely Emerald

Writing with the big group means that I feel a little awkward about bashing on the local college paper, feeling like I should be playing at a higher level. Still, I can't let this editorial go, as it echoes one of my main beefs.

According to Meredith LaFrance, buying organic fruit and vegetables is not worth it because it costs more. Sure, it's better for the environment, but it costs more, so it's a hassle and not worth it.

I'm not entirely sure why this observation is worthy of being published, but Meredith had words and the Emerald had space, so here we are.

As always, I call on my GTF friends to flunk this person without mercy.

2 comments:

ash said...

yep, this rubbed me the wrong way, too. and as soon as i have time to comment in more detail i will...

dave3544 said...

Then again I have a co-worker who insists on cranking the heat up while wearing flip flops at work.