Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally, Someone Willing to Stand Up for the Big Guy

A few quotes in the Register-Guard from a house party to watch the McCain speech (40 people attended. I'd say 30-35 met at the AFL-CIO to go canvassing for Obama last night).
Of all the things she likes about the Republican platform and McCain, Rosemary Nichols said she especially welcomes the feeling that she’s being rewarded for her hard work and prosperity.

“I’m tired of being made to feel guilty for being successful — that’s the American dream,” she said. “We need to get back to being proud to be an American, and proud to be a successful American.”

Then there is Jennifer Gaskill, who hates partisan politics, but loves it when the Republicans really stick it to the Dems.

“I’m so tired of the partisan stuff. He legitimately and honestly wants what’s best for our country and our families,” Gaskill, 39, said. “I’m with him on that.”

After Wednesday’s speech by Palin, McCain did a wonderful job of adding his story to her message, Gaskill said.

“When he got up there tonight, he came off as very presidential,” she said. “She got up there and her speech was basically, ‘Don’t mess with me.’ I think they will complement each other very, very well.”

And then the capper for over-exuberance from Hal Reed, chairman of the Republican Party of Lane County:
Oregon is in play for McCain and Sarah Palin, and I want you to write that down.
Consider it noted, Hal. See you in November.

1 comment:

lex dexter said...

I wish McCain-Palin luck with their newfound Oregon-New Jersey strategy.