Monday, July 7, 2008

Made with Real Frut

I was eating at Taco Bell today because I hate myself. The tables were festooned with placards adverting their new drink the "Frutista Freeze." I spent my lunch wondering why the fine folks at Taco Bell were thinking with the spelling there. My guess is that 'Mericans think that fruit is spelled "frut" and calling the drink a Fruitista Freeze befuddled them. I also spent some time wondering how this drink name is pronounced. Maybe the name is just an in-joke for Bellers who have a larf at the rubes who don't call it a Frut-rhymes with slut-ista.

1 comment:

ash said...

I'm guessing that the spelling might have something to do with the fact that while the drinks are are "made with natural fruit flavor," or frut, if you will, according to a disclaimer on the web site, the PRODUCT CONTAINS NO FRUIT JUICE. Mmmmmm.....frut.