Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's in Your Wallet?


Sept. 25 (Bloomberg) -- JPMorgan Chase & Co., the third- biggest U.S. bank by assets, agreed to pay $1.9 billion for the deposits of Washington Mutual Inc. after the thrift was seized by regulators in the biggest bank failure in U.S. history.

The U.S. government closed Seattle-based Washington Mutual amid customer withdrawals of $16.7 billion since Sept. 15, the Office of Thrift Supervision said in a statement. WaMu had ``insufficient liquidity'' and was in an ``unsound'' condition, the OTS said.
(via Atrios:Eated and Pooped)

Seriously, WAMU was so reckless,... How reckless were they?

so reckless, they gave me a credit card....

I wonder if I still have to make my monthly payment? If they have been seized by the FED, don't I own a share?, and can't I work out some sort of payment plan???

3 comments:

wobblie said...

Am I the only person here who thinks that talk of injecting liquidity into assets sounds kinda dirty?

lex dexter said...

Am I the only person here who thinks that the House Republicans need a brief tutorial on how the captalist system functions, i.e., with the always implicit, sometimes explicit support of the State?

wobblie said...

And you think the dunderheads in the House minority caucus would listen to you, Marx-boy? You obviously use big words and probably eat arugala. Why do you hate America?