Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BREAKING! Wobs to suspend blogging to address urgent beer crisis

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

My fellow OGians. Ours is a desperate time. It has come to my attention that there is a half-rack of Rogue Dead Guy Ale in my refrigerator that must be consumed. Should this consumption not occur, further half-racks of beer will not be able to fit inside the refrigerator, causing a cascade effect which may prevent countless hundreds of beers from residing on the shelf next to last night's leftovers.

The situation is grave.

In light of this crisis, I am hereby suspending my blogging to focus all of my attention on these pressing matters. As OGians, we can all agree that when there is an urgent need to drink beer, it is no time to blog. I further call upon my fellow bloggers to suspend their writing so that they may rush over to my house in order to help resolve this crisis. It is time to put the needs of my refrigerator above our need to pander to the feckless whims of our readership.

God bless you, and god bless the OG.

6 comments:

dave3544 said...

Funny, the rapid consumption of beer usually increases my blogging output.

Lord knows Lex has to be drunk to write most of the shit he comes up with.

And don't get me started on EZ's fervent love of Hillary.

Anonymous said...

Good god, well I'm glad someone can recognize and deal with a crisis in a time of great thirst! In the mean time, may the fortunate grace and good will of the blog gods look over the OG.

-Oscar A.

Wobs said...

dave: And some would say that running for high office one would be showing leadership in dealing with an economic crisis.

Oscar: Thank you for your vote of confidence - I hope I'll have your support when I pull the plug on this whole site when I have to deal with the disaster that is my unalphabetized music collection.

dave3544 said...

oh, now I get it.

Don't forget, we're three hours behind here on the west coast and all our news comes tape delayed.

wobblie said...

Forget it? I count on the tape delay to make my nonsense sound eerily prescient!

lex dexter said...

colbert suspends! http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/09/colbert_suspends.html