Thursday, June 5, 2008

Easy solutions for stupid concerns


There are no stupid questions, Eric, just stupid people

This kind of "concern" drives me fucking nuts:
As the Mariners played the Boston Red Sox on May 26, Sirbrina Guerrero and her date were approached in the third inning by an usher who told them their kissing was inappropriate, Guerrero said.

The usher, Guerrero said, told them he had received a complaint from a woman nearby who said that there were kids in the crowd of nearly 36,000 and that parents would have to explain why two women were kissing.

[...]

"I would be uncomfortable" seeing public displays of affection between lesbians or gay men, said Jim Ridneour, a 54-year-old taxi driver. "I don't think it's right seeing women kissing in public. If I had my family there, I'd have to explain what's going on."

Allow me to demonstrate:
Scene: wobs and l'il wobs at local event
l'il wobs: Dad, why are those two men/women/furries kissing?
wobs: Because they like each other and kissing people you like is fun. Now get your finger out of your nose.

See? Easy! And you didn't have to ruin anyone's evening!

3 comments:

dave3544 said...

"But Pastor Fuckwad told me that seeing two non-married people kissing means I'm going to hell. Am I going to hell, Daddy?"

(BTW, nice name for a Pastor, Wobs.)

wobblie said...

"You're going to hell for not eating your veggies. Now stop picking your butt."

Not so hard!

lex dexter said...

of course you're going to hell, son. exactly WHY you're going to hell is neither here nor there.