Friday, September 19, 2008

Get Off My Lawn

I am not a big fan of Gordon Smith. I am really not a fan of seeing his commercials during The Simpsons and King of the Hill. Those are my shows. I'd like to believe that only liberals enjoy them.

I do know different. How someone could enjoy The Simpsons and vote Republican is beyond me, but they obviously do. Still. I shouldn't have to watch your horrible, horrible commercials where a woman who was raped in 1986 tries to blame Jeff Merkley for not supporting some bill in 2007 would have "prevented" crimes like this in the future. Because, you know, serial rapists are worried about the length of the sentance they might endure.

Of course, the whole problem is the Republicans continue to kick our ass at this game. Some Republican state Rep probably dropped a whole host of no-hope extremeist measures in the hopper. Merkely didn't bring them up for a vote, because they had no chance. Now the GOP can say that he opposed this or voted against that. He's pro-rapist for fuck sake because he didn't support the "Behead all rapists before they have a chance to speak in court" bill. Disgusting.

Anyway, Gordo, get your commercials off my shows. There are plenty of JAG and Murder, She Wrote reruns on at the same time. Those are your people. Get them fired up.

1 comment:

S said...

Yes. My carpool buddy, Aliza (K Rog's old roommate) and I had to tip our caps to ol' Gordo.

He basically called Merkley a friend of the rapists. Even though I can see that commercial and think, "Wow, could you please decontextualize that vote just a wee bit more for your own purposes???" many will see it and think, "MERKLEY IS A RAPIST SUPPORTER! HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND CHILDREN!"

And c'mon...King of the Hill being watched by exclusively by Liberals??? It's watched by Liberals because it ironically portrays your typical Texas Republican, and it's entertaining (for us Libbys)for that. It's watched by Republicans because they can relate to Hank Hill's damn good common sense.

Dangit, Bobby.