Friday, June 13, 2008

Difficult iPod Transitions

I think we all love our iPods in shuffle mode for the times two songs we never would have put together get played next to back-to-back. These surprising combinations often bring a new dimension to songs we've been listening to for years, revealing layers of meaning that we may not have noticed before (or may be inventing for the first time).

Sometimes, however, iPod gets it wrong and plays two songs back-to-back that just don't belong together and I find myself reaching for the skip button. I call these "Difficult iPod Transitions."

In what I hope will become a regular, if random, feature of the OG (I hope all of my colleagues will participate), I present my DIT from yesterday:

Pitbull's Bojangles

to

Frank Sinatra's Strangers in the Night

Of course, I did realize that both artists were essentially singing songs to ladies they were dancing with, emphasizing their desire to continue the interlude in a more martial setting. Pitbull stating quite clearly his preference for being pleasured orally and his perfect willingness to reciprocate, while Frank left the details to my imagination. Not surprisingly, I imagined Frank in a more missionary context.

h/t: Wobs for the proper punctuation

1 comment:

wobblie said...

I don't like it - I love it. I also look forward to discussing how my iPod seems to know what I'm thinking.