All questions raised by the comments on the AV Club in a discussion of Pearl Jam's Ten.
1. Crap/Not Crap: STP at their best were better than Pearl Jam.
2. Crap/Not Crap: Mother Love Bone was good.
3. Crap/Not Crap: Screaming Trees were not very good.
4. Crap/Not Crap: Nirvana is a band you can like when you are "like 12 years-old," but Pearl Jam is the music for the true connoisseur.
5. Crap/Not Crap: Pearl Jam were not "really" grunge.
6. Crap/Not Crap: "Grunge" is just a media word that has no real meaning.
7. Grunge is most closely related to: a.cock rock, b.metal, c.hardcore, d.punk [sure indy rock should be on the list, but that's not the way the AV Clubbers see it]
8. Ten was part of the soundtrack of: a.middle school, b.high school c.college d. not terribly familiar with the album