Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Don Imus re: Rev. Wright and Don Imus

h/t to Ben Smith, 'glad to see that the Maverick is doing right by the I-Man and responding to his "tough questions" (about himself, the I-Man). Yeah, I-Man!
"When I got in the mess that I got in, Senator Obama was the first one to jump up and suggested that I be fired, which I didn’t have any problem with. And when the wheels came off with Reverend Wright, the first thing Senator Obama said was that we should put his remarks in context and also we should consider all the wonderful things that Rev. Wright had done throughout his life," Imus said. "That was a luxury that he was affording Reverend Wright and himself to get out of that mess, and something that he was unwilling to afford me – not that that would have been appropriate, by the way. But I thought that revealed a disturbing level of hypocrisy and a willingness to employ a double standard and something worth talking about."
I mean, leave it to a self-absorbed wanker like BHO to not distinguish between a) his pastor, and b) a washed-up, unfunny moron who essentially mocked black women athletes for being black!

2 comments:

dr said...

I submit that the relevant distinction is between (a) something the person said (i.e., Imus) and (b) something someone else said (i.e., Obama (or, rather, Wright)).

dave3544 said...

I think a relevant distinction is that as a national famous white man, Imus has power behind his racism, whereas Rev. Wright, as a provincial black man can only fume from his pulpit, has no power to hurt anyone.

But, yes, BHO is a hypocrite and a fascist who will immediately outlaw a fair and honest discussion of whether or not black female basketball players are "nappy-headed hos" by definition. What's he so afraid of? Huh?