It may have occurred to you to ask why it is such a huge deal that John Edwards cheated on his wife, but not a huge deal that McCain cheated on his first wife. You may have asked this question, perhaps rhetorically, over dinner with your wife or at a ballgame with a conservative friend.
Fortunately, the Republicans have answers.
1. John McCain was a prisoner of war for five and a half years.
2. Edwards' wife has cancer, whereas McCain's wife was merely crippled in a car accident.
3. Five and a half years. Beatings every day.
4. It was thirty years ago.
5. Senator Byrd used to be in the Ku Klux Klan.
6. Five and a half years of beatings every day.
7. John Edwards condemned Bill Clinton for having an affair. (He voted "not guilty" twice, unlike McCain, who voted "guilty").
8. You try being a POW for five and a half years and see if you don't cheat on your wife.
Don't believe me? Watch the video here.