Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, Your 2008 NBA MVP!

I haven't been able to get into the NBA playoffs. Other people have been, though. Apparently, I'm one of the few choosing to watch hockey instead (go Red Wings!). I seriously think it's all the scoring. Whether or not the ball goes into the hoop seems to be completely random in the sense that defense doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. It's up the shooter. Anyway, I find it hard to get all worked up about. I'll turn in my Good American credentials at the door.

It might also be this, which I've blogged about before. A few weeks back, the NBA was all in a tizzy because Maverick Josh Howard admitted that he smoked a little maryjane in the off season. This is a baaaad thing. Yet, a couple of weeks after that, the NBA gave its Most Valuable Player award to the rapist Kobe Bryant.

If I am not mistaken, the NBA would like me to believe that Josh Howard is a black sheep, what with all his drug taking and law breaking. Howard's father left his family when he was born. He was born bowlegged and had to have his legs broken below the kneecap twice (in order to straighten them) before he turned two years old. Bad man.

Kobe Bryant's father was a basketball player. He grew up wealthy and traveled the world. Oh yes, and he raped that woman. Kobe Bryant is the poster child of the NBA.

7 comments:

EZ said...

Go Penguins!

EZ said...

Go Penguins!

EZ said...

damn double posted......2 demerits

dave3544 said...

How do you always manage to be wrong?

EZ said...

It is a fine art... cultured through years of studying your opinions, and then calculating the position that will most annoy you...

wobblie said...

See. This blog is already awesome.

ash said...

Yes, awesome indeed!